Open requested to merge github/fork/r00t0vi4/patch-1 into master
Created by: r00t0vi4
Matomo core developers are recommended to use "js/" instead of "piwik.js" and "piwik.php":
- js/index.php (or implicitly as "js/") can be used to serve up the minified piwik.js;
- it supports conditional-GET and Last-Modified, so piwik.js can be cached by the browser;
- it supports deflate/gzip compression if your web server (e.g., Apache without mod_deflate or mod_gzip), shrinking the data transfer to 8K;
- js/index.php (or implicitly as "js/") can also act as a proxy to piwik.php;
- If you are concerned about the impact of browser-based privacy filters which attempt to block tracking, you can change your tracking code to use "js/" instead of "piwik.js" and "piwik.php", respectively.
Thank you for taking the time to contribute back to GitLab!
Please open a merge request on GitLab.com, we look forward to reviewing your contribution! You can log into GitLab.com using your GitHub account.