Update Handbook/Marketing/Dev Rel/ Technical Writing
Technical writing most needed updates:
1. Guest Writers program - Introduce a scalable writing system - https://gitlab.com/gitlab-com/blog-posts/issues/222 => Marcia: Drafting
2. Blog posts: standard workflow for reviews - https://gitlab.com/gitlab-com/blog-posts/issues/221 => Marcia: Drafting
3. Professional Writing Techniques => Marcia: Drafting
4. Rewriting the "blog" page* (to include items 1 and 2) => Marcia: Drafting
5. Write new Tech Writing landing page**: https://about.gitlab.com/handbook/marketing/developer-relations/technical-writing/
6. Bring this info: https://gitlab.com/gitlab-com/blog-posts/blob/master/STYLEGUIDE.md into the Handbook
7. Markdown markup for GitLab.com - https://gitlab.com/gitlab-com/www-gitlab-com/issues/680 => Marcia (planned)
8. WEBPAGE: Guest Writers program - Introduce a scalable writing system - https://gitlab.com/gitlab-com/blog-posts/issues/222
*Now I see the "blog" page is not there anymore (https://about.gitlab.com/handbook/marketing/developer-relations/content-marketing/blog/ = 404). I presume we'll have to link it from this page**: https://about.gitlab.com/handbook/marketing/developer-relations/technical-writing/, which needs to be written as well. => @axil we'll need to talk about it
Tasks 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 => https://gitlab.com/gitlab-com/www-gitlab-com/merge_requests/2126
cc/ @amara @AshleyS
- Format of all pages should be as follows:
- First line overview of the current page.
- Link to up one level
- "On this page" index of all top level headers on the current page
- Links to other handbooks included on this page.
- Rather than create many nested pages, include everything on one page of your role's handbook with an index at the top.
- Each role should have a handbook page.
- If more than one person are performing a role, the task should be shared to update the handbook with all process or guidelines.
- Follow the style guide set by this marketing handbook page.